How To Get Rid Of A Possum In Your Backyard
Wondering how to get rid of a possum in your backyard? There are so many ways you can follow to get rid of possums in your backyard, underdeck, and garden. Removing their food sources, making sure they can’t get into your attic or crawl space, and trapping them with a live trap are some options. In this blog, we have come up with an answer to how to Get Rid Of A Possum in Melbourne from your backyard. But this method is not only useful for removing backyard possums, you can utilize the same knowledge for removing possums from different areas on your property. Before that, know something about possums because this can help in understanding their behaviors that can help in getting rid of them.
What is possum?
Possum is a marsupial found in various regions of the world but they are considered native to Australia. They are the only mammal in the family Didelphidae and the order Phalangeriformes. They have a prehensile tail that they use to carry items or navigate their surroundings. They eat insects, spiders, small animals, and some fruits. The average lifespan for a possum is 10-12 years. Some of them might look like some monkey species. They are mostly seen on a tree. They are known for their screeching sound and sudden attacks so you must hire a Professional Possum Catcher in Sydney to stay safe.
Here Is How to Get Rid of a Possum in Your Backyard:
If you want to get rid of a possum in your backyard, there are a few things you can do.
- First, make sure they’re not living in your attic or crawlspace. If they are, get them out by using a humane method such as trapping them inside a box with food and water until you can relocate them to a wildlife sanctuary or release them back into the wild.
- If possums are living on your property, you may need to remove them by hand. Possums will most likely flee if they see you coming, so be prepared with gloves, a hat, and noisemakers (like clapping) to scare them off before attempting to capture or kill them.
- If you live in an area where possums are common, then you may have to deal with one from time to time. These animals can be a nuisance, especially if they are eating your plants or causing damage to your property. In such cases, you can install possum control boxes or possum nest boxes. When these boxes are there, they will not enter your backyard.
- Use a repellent. A popular repellent for use against possums is called “Dow’s Control.” Apply it around the exterior of your home and any gardens or areas where the animal has been seen.
- Get a restraining device. If you have tried using a repellent and the possum is still coming around, consider getting a restraining device such as an animal cage or net. Place it around the perimeter of the area where the possum is spending its time, and release the animal when it’s inside the device.
- Call a professional. If all else fails and you need help getting rid of the possum in Brisbane, call a professional. They will have more experience dealing with these animals and may be able to find another solution that doesn’t involve hurting or killing the animal.
How to Keep a Possum off Your Property Safely
Possums are interesting and cute creatures, but they can pose a serious nuisance if they get into your yard. Here are some tips on how to get rid of possum without harming it:
1. Make sure your property is well-maintained. A well-manicured yard is less likely to have possums living in it since they prefer areas with lots of trees and bushes for shelter.
2. Keep a close eye on your property at all times. If you see a possum on your property, take a picture or video so you can identify it later. If you catch a possum in Canberra the act of raiding your garden or eating your bird feeder, be sure to take appropriate action before it hurts someone or damages property.
3. Use scare tactics if necessary. If the possum won’t leave your property, try making loud noise or throwing objects at it. Be careful not to injure the animal or cause damage to your property; instead, aim for its fear and intimidation factor.
Learned How to Get Rid of a Possum in Your Backyard, Now Negotiations for a Possum Agreement
If you are interested in learning how to successfully negotiate a possum agreement with your neighbor along with how to Get Rid of a Possum in Adelaide from your backyard, the following tips should help. Possums are shy and can be difficult to scare away, but with some patience and persistence, it is possible to get them to leave your property.
Possums are protected in most states and as such, an agreement must be made before any extermination measures can be taken. The first step is to identify the problem – if you notice the damage being done to property or crops by possum presence, then you need to get rid of them. Thus once you have an idea of the number of damage possums are causing, you can begin negotiations.
Keep in mind that possums will only live in areas where they have access to food, shelter, and mates. If you can provide these things for them, they may not need to live on your property anymore. Offer them fresh fruit and vegetables, pet food, or bird feeders set up in their preferred habitat. If they do not want to leave on their own, make sure to keep noise levels down and do not chase or harass them. Setting up possum boxes outside your property can be a good idea. Call our local Hobart possum removal team now.
Possums can be a nuisance in your backyard, and if you don’t want them there, there are a few things you can do to get rid of them that you have already read above. Before anything, first, make sure that you have the correct idea and resources to deal with a possum in Perth: an iron skillet will work well for trapping the animal and scaring it away. However, if the problem persists, you can call us for professional help. You don’t want to hurt the possum but you also don’t want him coming back, it is a good thought and CBD Possum Removal can help you in the best way fulfilling your thought.